Monday, April 12, 2010

3 weeks left - 20 MILE RUN- killed me!

There are exactly three weeks left until the race. I got up at 6am on Sunday and had a half of whole wheat bagel with peanut butter. I didn't want to eat it but knew I had to try. I had a little coffee and got ready to start running by 7:15am. It was a beautiful day. I wore my new skort and a long sleeve black shirt. I also wear my small fanny pack with my phone.

I headed out knowing that I would run in 1 hour increments three times and finish with a short 2 mile equaling 20 miles. The first two hours were fine. They were not wonderful or fun or easy. They were just "fine." When I came back the the house for liquids and knew I had to run another 8 miles, I was feeling pretty bad. I went out and had to walk for about 6 minutes on and off. I was very slow. When I got home after the 18 miles, I was devastated that I had to go out again and do 2 miles. During a normal run, I would be done with 2 miles in less than 20 minutes but I knew it would be a struggle to get this done. My legs felt like lead. They felt like 200 pound weights that I could not lift. But I got it done.

The scariest part of this is not that 20 miles hurt so bad because I was able to do that. The scariest part is that during the race, I will have to run another 6 miles when I felt like that. I wanted to curl up in a ball on the driveway. But on race day, I will have to run another 6 miles which because of my slow pace, will take me over an hour.

The rest of the afternoon I was exhausted. Couldn't talk or really walk for about an hour. Then it just hurt a lot to walk. I went to bed at 8:30pm and passed out. I did wake up a lot during the night b/c of body pain. The next day, I am still feeling a lot of pain and very tired. The day after the marathon, I am going to try to get someone to watch Donovan so I can take the day to relax!

I have raised over $800 dollars which is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment