Monday, April 26, 2010

1 Week Left- No turning back

I haven't been writing lately because I have been so busy with life. I can't believe that I am 6 days away from this marathon. Over the last two weeks, my running has slowed down again and I am struggling with the fact that I am concerned about being prepared. I will run today (Monday) and try to figure out if I should run two more times or one more time before Sunday.

No injuries at this time. Last week I had some nagging pains when I walked and as usual, was getting concerned. But for the last couple of days, I feel good. I won't push it this week. I will try to do about 5 miles today and maybe just 2 miles two more times before Sunday. I am still trying to figure out how long it will take me since my family is coming to cheer me on. I don't want them standing out there for 4 hours but I think I will run faster than I have been on the day of the marathon. I calculated that it will probably take me 5 hours and 30 minutes but down deep I am hoping it takes me less than 5!

I have a lot of preparing still to do this week. I have to finalize what I am wearing, bringing and eating. I have to get to Nassau for my number and chip and figure out parking for my family. I also have to have some food/drink at my house afterwards for family. I won't be moving much but it would be nice if they hang out for a while after. (or will I want to go to bed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment