Friday, April 2, 2010

4 1/2 weeks left- ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!

When did I get to this point! I have 4 and 1/2 weeks until the big day. Am I ready? Absolutely not! I did hill work yesterday and I am hurting today. I went up the hill 8 times. I ran each hill in 43 seconds. I then finished up with a good fast run home. I really felt exhausted and wanted to walk home but I knew I have to train myself to run when I want to quit. I have been told so many times that I will have that feeling where I don't want to take another step during the marathon. I have to train my brain to fight through it.

I am reading a book called, "First Marathons" about people's experience with their first marathon race. It is a great book but also intimidating b/c all the people ran their first marathon in under 3 1/2 hours. Actually, some of them quit and it took years for them to complete their marathon. (My mind seemed to forget that part).

It is almost over for long runs for me. I have one more long run next weekend - 20 miles, then I taper. I will do 12 miles this weekend and try to keep a 10 minute pace. I also have to practice eating and drinking while running. NERVOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment