Wednesday, March 31, 2010

6 Weeks to Go- Tough Stuff

On Sunday, I completed my long run. It was 18 miles. I have been going on an incorrect assumption that I was running a 10 minute mile for my long runs and discovered that I was going slower. This is bad news. My new time for the marathon is going to be 5 hours instead of 4 hours and 20 minutes. That will be an 11 minute mile with stops for food/drinks and bathroom. This is the new assumption and hopefully it is correct.

The run on Sunday was difficult but good. I ran 6 miles and came home, took PowerGels, 4ounces of water and ran out. I did this three times. I believe I stayed in the 11 minute mile range. The problem was when I was done, I became sick to my stomach. I had to sit on the couch the rest of the day and felt like I had a stomach virus. I think it was from the gels but have no proof of this.

It is stressing me out b/c I don't know what to do for energy during the marathon. I am going to stay away from gels and need to figure out how to keep myself energized and hydrated during the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment