Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 11- 1st run -Running in Beautiful New Hampshire

It is Sunday, Febuary 14 and we are away in New Hampshire. It is absolutely beautiful here. The trees are covered with snow and the lakes are all frozen. I went for a 30 minute run around the wooded area and lazily avoided the hills. The run was easy and uneventful. I picked up speed during the last mile and pushed hard. During my cool down, my right foot began to hurt as usual. My new pain. It hurts from the pinky toe to the heel on the outer right part. It hurts to walk without shoes. With shoes on, it is better but still I am reminded constantly of the injury with every step.

After the run, we all went for a long hike over a frozen lake and through the woods. My foot was killing me but I wanted to get a good walk in. When I got home, I iced my foot and after about two days, the pain was completely gone. I find that when I slowly stretch the foot from toe to heal, it feels better. Icing and stretching are my quick solution right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment