Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 12 (Sunday- 2/7) - First Run of the Week

I checked my fundraising page today at Lustgarten Foundation and found out that I am halfway to my fundraising goal ALREADY!! The people in my life are so supportive and generous. I know that I am very lucky to have such wonderful friends and family helping me to reach my goal.

I had a chance to do a run around 2 pm. It was cold. I decided to do an hour run and a faster pace than my marathon pace. My husband watched the kids and I got ready. I decided to warm up on the treadmill downstairs before running outside. I walked on the treadmill for about 6 minutes and then headed out.

The run went well except for a nagging pain in the back of my left leg. It felt like a muscle strain. I really stretched afterwards and felt fine hours later. I also iced my foot and my leg as soon as I got home. I finished the run in 65 minutes, running at a fast pace and feeling very good.

I hope to run again on Wed., maybe interval training and a short 2 mile run on Friday. Then on Sunday I will do my long run and aim for 2 hours and 5o minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment