Saturday, February 20, 2010

Week 11- 3rd Run- LONG RUN

After running for 2 hours and 50 minutes, it is hard to enjoy running. I am finding that my love for running is decreasing with every scheduled long run. This is a sport that I have always looked forward to. But on the day of a long run, I don't want to get out of bed.

The weather was sunny and warm for February. I left the house at 7:45 am. I decided to run without music for the very first time, planning to put my ipod on during the last hour of the run. With all honesty, I can say the run was BORING!! I did not enjoy an moment of it except the last 15 minutes when I knew I only had 15 minutes left.

Pain- the usual. My right outer foot hurt. My legs, knees hurt. I felt I couldn't lift my legs much at the end and was going to stumble to the ground. But, with all that said, I did complete what I set out to, 2 hours and 50 minutes. I hope it was about 17 miles. With the completion of this run, I only have three more long runs to go. I will try to do a 3 hour 10 minute run in two weeks, followed by a 3 hour 30 minute run and my last run will be 3 hours 50 minutes. (can't wait!!)

When I got back from my run, I took some Tylenol and stretched for a while. I ran out of time for icing b/c I had to get the kids to a party. My foot is feeling good but my whole body hurts when I move!

No comments:

Post a Comment