Monday, January 11, 2010

3rd run in week 17- Painful

At 8:40 am on Sunday, I headed out for my long run. It was about 25 degrees out and sunny. I was in a bad mood and really felt I was not going to complete the long run. About an hour in, I was ready to call it quits. I have a lot on my mind. I couldn't focus or get into the run. I also had pain in my right knee but not bad. I ran for 2 hours and 10 minutes. My plan was 2 hours and 30 minutes but I could barely finish the last 10 minutes. It is still my longest run. AT the end of the run, I realized that at this point of my training, I could not run another 2 hours. I am not near the condition I need to be in 17 weeks to run this full marathon. I am just assuming that if I keep doing what I am doing, I will get to the condition I need to be to do it.

I had a lot of soreness during the day after the run and that night, I had a lot of soreness and pain all over. I really felt like I pushed it. I woke up around 12am and had to take tylenol b/c I couldn't get back to sleep with the pain.

Plan for week 16- don't have one b/c I am going to have a crazy week and don't know when I will have a chance to run. I should be running Tues., Thur. and Sun. but don't see it happening. I plan on running a race on Sunday with friends (5K) and checking out if my speed has decreased. My last 5K race was timed at 26:31. I have a feeling I will be slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment