Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 16- 1st run of the week

I was able to go for a quick run today (Wed.) which was a surprise. I thought this week would be an impossible week to run. At 4 pm, it was about 26 degrees and the sun was starting to set. I headed out for a short run, thinking I would try for 2 1/2 miles. I completed my 6 minute warm up walk and started to run. I ran at a slow beginning pace since it was cold. It was strange because my left knee began to hurt. I have never had pain in my left knee. About 1/2 thru the run, I decided to push it and speed up for the rest of the run. When I picked up my pace, my knee stopped hurting completely and I had no pain. I ran a little over 3 miles in about 28 minutes total. I ran very fast for the last 10 minutes and my body felt good.

I am concerned about having knee pain when I run slow b/c I will be doing a slow run during the marathon. My pace will be a 10 minute mile which is much slower than my normal pace. If I am having pain at mile one at that pace, how will I be feeling at mile 20? It is strange to not have pain when you go fast but at a slower pace, feel the pain in the knee. It must have to do with my stride.

My plan is to do a short 2 mile run on Friday and run a 5K race with my girlfriends on Sunday and work on my speed. We will see if I get to my goal this week. So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment